Because I feel it is better to be safe than sorry, despite being fully vaccinated and the government lifting most COVID-19 restrictions I will abide by the below:
When visiting a client’s premises, I will:
- Wear a mask and ask anyone I work with to do the same, unless exempt.
- Check-in with the client the night before my visit to make sure that neither they or anyone in their household have any COVID symptoms or have been in touch with anyone who does.
- If either myself or my client is displaying any COVID symptoms such as a high temperature, a new and continuous cough, or alteration to senses of taste and smell, we will agree to inform each other and re-book for a later date.
- Try to maintain two metres distance wherever possible.
- Work side by side or back-to-back rather than face to face if two metres distance cannot be obtained.
- Wear latex gloves where appropriate and wash and sanitize my hands regularly.
- Ask the client to ventilate the house before my visit.
- Stop working if unsafe.
- Not work in a household where someone has been asked to shield.
- Discuss safe working before coming to visit.
- Wear clean clothing for every visit.
- Take any breaks outside the house.
- Try not to share equipment such as stationary.
This document will be amended as the situation and government guidelines change.